Where Can I Get 3D Content for Ads? (DIY and Free & Cheap)
Now, when you know everything about 3D posts, it is high time to figure out where to get 3D models for Facebook. Previously, 3D content was associated with hefty bills from model artists and pricy object scanners, but in 2018, there are many options to consider. In the end, Captain will show you how to convert non-GBL objects into the Facebook format.
Do It Yourself
If you will run 3D ads for your products, and you are not a game developer or 3D content studio, you will need to get 3D models — preferably those that match your unique products exactly. The most comfortable and accessible option is to use a 3D photometry app for Android or iPhone, or 3D generator for the desktop.
What Captain has looked for is an app with affordable pricing and no need for specialized equipment, be it the latest Sony Xperia, iPhone X or external device.
- Qlone – 3D Scanning Solution on iTunes — the best option for iOS. It is delightful that it does not need iPhone X 3D scanner to make models: you can only take a bunch of photos from different positions, and Qlone will make a 3D model with textures for you. Moreover, it already supports FB format. It is free to download and try scanning but exporting a model costs $0.99 per unit.
- SCANN3D is a Qlone alternative for Android phones. Basically, it has all the same functionality to Qlone; the difference is pricing. You will need to choose subscriptions that will affect model quality. The U.S. price for High-settings subscription is $6.99, but it will be much more affordable than Qlone for e-commerce. The main con of SCANN3D is that the app does not support cropping and Facebook GBL format out of the box, so you will need some hassle with editing and converting.
- ReCap Pro by Autodesk is one among dozens of PC solutions with the best cost-benefit ratio. For $40 monthly of $300 a year, you will be able to make and edit as many 3D objects from photos taken on smartphones and cameras as you want — with reasonably high quality. While $40 may seem too expensive, ReCap’s competitors are not ashamed of taking $100+ per month or thousands for a lifetime license.
You will surely find many other apps, so it is up to your wallet and consideration what tool will make your 3D object. Just remember that you do not need supreme quality — FB’s limits are quite strict, so an expensive app with photorealistic output will be useless for you now.
Free & Cheap Tier
If you do not have specific requirements for objects and just want to use thematic 3D content for your ads, you may consider free or cheap 3D models stocks. There are many of them, so Captain picked up a couple that is used by his creators.
- CubeBrush — a 3D content store that has dozens of free models for commercial use. It is the most appealing feature is pay-what-you-want offerings, where you can get 3D models for any price you want above $1. It needs your email to sign up and view models, but no credit card or confirmation is required. Caution — be careful with license! Licensing of free and paid options are different for each model on CubeBrush, so you need to check whether you are allowed using it in advertisement and editing it.
- TurboSquid — another 3D store with many free models for commercial use. Its main benefit is simple Royalty Free License: you can use any free model you download in advertising.
- Dozens of other 3D stocks that Google finds for you. They all have thousands of unique free and below $1 objects.
The only thing you always must consider is license. Some stocks have legal teams that browse the web for unlicensed use of content and ]file suits to courts, which may result in painful litigation and fees for your company. Even small companies may suffer — if legal suits are not applicable, stocks may blackmail marketers with copyright strikes to Google and Facebook. It may end with a permanent ban on your Ads account, exclusion of your website from Google Search and other atrocities you do not want to experience.
How to Adapt 3D Content I’ve Got to Facebook Posts?
As you may see, there is a little of apps and stocks that support the Facebook-friendly 3D format. Therefore, you will need to adapt models you get.
- Captains recommends you download the most popular *.OBJ files — they are supported by every scanning app and 3D stock. There is a free OBJ to GBL converter, which will help to get the Facebook-ready file.
- Moreover, Facebook’s partner Khronos has a gIFT overview page, where you can find more online converters, editors and a list of free tools to work with Facebook-compatible 3D content. Here you may see some free 3D desktop editors like Blender that will allow you to crop and resize your model — it is an only procedure you are likely to need.
- After you get GBL file, you need to open Facebook 3D Model Validator that checks the compatibility for your 3D model to Facebook requirements.
Now, you are good to go!
What are Special Hints for Facebook 3D Posts Advertising?
It is a matter of next two-three months to make 3D Posts familiar for FB Feed users. It means that the very presence of 3D content will stop making mad engagement and conversion. Thus, Captain has a couple of tips for you that will work in long-term perspective.
- Make 3D content a rewarding game. A right way is to put a promo code somewhere behind of beneath your 3D models (you can even make it in Paint 3D) and urge users to find it. Once the user sees it, promo turns from another-annoying-ad to the fruit of their work — even if this work is a couple of finger movements. People value their efforts, which means that hidden promo will bring you conversion.
Clash Royale discovered a hint, but did not use its potential. You won’t make the same mistake, will you?
- Use data analysis. FB optimization algorithms and marketers know well user targeting by conversions, clicks and app installations, but 3D content users demographics are currently obscure. Captain Growth uses machine learning to find demographics, device breakdown and best display time setting for 3D ads to optimize their CPA — you will see that they are significantly different from your usual ad sets. It will help you to become a pioneer in 3D advertising.
- 3D is not a universal remedy. Facebook 3D Posts are all the madness now, but AR and VR intrude fast into our routine. It means that you still need to test your ads and marketing funnels, analyze ads effectiveness and avoid some intricate pitfalls like Geotraps, which make some advertisers lose as many as $1,000 per day on mistargeted ads.
Now imagine that 3D Models will jump all over AR environment and spam your attention. Got it? Your ad should always be outstanding.
So, 3D Posts are a new useful tool, but no groundbreaking changes have occurred. As months before, you need to analyze your marketing data, tailor marketing to your audience and improve your products. If you lack time to dive into mysteries of 3D content marketing and spend 80% of your time on browsing marketing reports on dashboards, Captain Growth can take all analytics on him. Use AI data insights and be among the first who will earn their fortunes on Facebook 3D posts.